Welcome! I am Jeff Cotrupe, Global Program Director, Big Data & Analytics, Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan. I’m a product marketer and manager, and business development catalyst, who has launched and managed 20 products and services, helping companies generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, M&A, and capital. Ideal situations throughout my career have included company and product line startups. I am:
- A hands-on product and business development professional driving product strategy, definition, and execution across the entire product lifecycle.
- An effective leader and teammate with 15+ years’ experience leading growth initiatives across multiple products in Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence; communications software; and the Cloud.
- A CrossFit, powerwalking, and Relay For Life enthusiast; my MarketBLOG pagetop photo was shot 04/20/2013 at RFL.
You are at ground zero of my branded home on the Web (thanks, WordPress!), but this is only the beginning. You can view my portfolio, and we can connect on or any social venue, from a single page at XeeMe, which is a social analytics-powered business network and unofficial registrar of the social Web.
Member: Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI), which I define as including:
- Core Big Data-analytics-BI platforms, systems, applications, and services.
- Online/digital analytics and marketing, including: your own web properties: site (on-site) analytics; social media: social (off-site) analytics; mobile and video analytics; and digital media strategies/platforms
- Customer experience management (CEM): application performance monitoring (APM), customer service assurance (CSA), quality of experience (QoE), both brand- and product-based, and customer experience analytics (CEA)
- Mobile commerce management (MCM), a new category I defined that includes mobile marketing, advertising, and commerce; location-based and location-aware services; barcodes, scanning/shopping apps, and digital POS; mobile apps, games, and other user engagement vehicles; and customer engagement/campaign management
Related analytics-driven areas that fit into or cut across those categories are:
- Social network analysis (SNA), the study of the true customer social groups operating inside any customer base; SNA fits into or adjacent to CEM.
- Customer loyalty programs, which primarily leverage CEA and MCM to help brands reduce churn, encourage customers to recruit their friends, and slash advertising expenditures.
- Retail/WiFi analytics, which leverages WiFi in and around retail locations to give retailers the same kinds of insights about shoppers that online analytics provides for site and social network operators.
Software, infrastructure, and services:
- Cloud: SaaS, IaaS and PaaS*
- Enterprise IT network & systems management
- Operations & business support systems (OSS/BSS)
Next-gen asset management, inventory management, and network resource management (NRM): I established NRM as an industry category and as a Visionael product name