Welcome! I am Jeff Cotrupe, Industry Director, Big Data & Analytics, Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan. I help companies achieve their goals and dreams through presales and sales, business development, competitive intelligence, and product management.
In 2014 100% Solutions named me a leading Big Data Influencer along with Cloudera, EMC, IBM, MAPR, and other companies and individuals. I have launched and managed 20 products, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, M&A, and capital, and have worked for or with five startups. I’ve held director-level roles on the product side with ADC Telecommunications (now TE Connectivity) and with global competitive intelligence leaders Gartner and Frost & Sullivan. I grew CommTech from a $10MM to a $25MM company that was acquired by ADC for $185.5MM, and helped Visionael crack key verticals with wins at Comcast and The Pentagon, then win $30MM in funding. I am a Rackspace Cloud University Certified Professional.
I am a powerwalking, CrossFit, Olympic lifting, and Relay For Life enthusiast. My MarketBLOG pagetop photo was shot at the Oceanside Turkey Trot Thanksgiving 5k race, November 2013, which I finished with a time of 24:56.
You are at ground zero of my branded home on the Web (thanks, WordPress!), but this is only the beginning. You can view my portfolio, and we can connect on or any social venue, from a single page at XeeMe, which is a social analytics-powered business network and the unofficial registrar of the social Web.
Member: Demystified’s Analysis Exchange
Big Data, analytics, and business intelligence (BI), illustrated in the graphic below, and which I define as including:
- Big Data core: platforms, solutions, and services.
- Online analytics, including your own web properties: site (on-site) analytics; social media: social (off-site) analytics; mobile and video analytics; and digital media strategies and platforms.
- Customer experience analytics: application performance monitoring (APM), customer service assurance (CSA), quality of experience (QoE), and customer profiles.
- Mobile commerce and retail analytics, a new category I defined that includes mobile marketing, advertising, and commerce; location-based and location-aware services; barcodes, scanning/shopping apps, and digital point of sale (POS); mobile apps, games, and other user engagement vehicles; and marketing campaign management.
Software, infrastructure, and services:
- Cloud: SaaS, IaaS and PaaS*
- Enterprise IT network & systems management
- Operations & business support systems (OSS/BSS)
Next-gen asset management, inventory management, and network resource management (NRM): I established NRM as an industry category and as a Visionael product name