Stratecast has published Jeff’s latest report, Wearing Your Heart (Rate) on Your Sleeve: How Fitness Trackers and Big Data Solutions are Giving the World a Running Start toward Connected Health. The report’s key findings include:
- Broken health processes built on broken data processes waste hundreds of billions of dollars. The good news is that consumers are laying the groundwork for the coming revolution in healthcare simply by using fitness trackers.
- Apple and IBM have built an ecosystem designed to give everyone (patients, providers, researchers, and payers) what they are looking for in a connected health future–and are beginning to deliver it today.
- Serious challenges, however, could kill population-wide connected health; and some are already having unhealthy effects on healthcare. These challenges include the rapid data growth associated with the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT); the difficulty of ensuring data security, integrity, and privacy; and claims fraud.
- Despite these challenges, industry, academia, and government continue pressing forward because the pressing health and economic issues they face cannot wait. Solutions providers such as AWS, Apple, IBM Watson Health, Mimo, Misfit, Next IT, Platfora, Virdata, and others mentioned in this report are beginning to move the planet toward connected health by delivering results for patients, providers, payers, researchers, and governments.
- Leveraging Big Data to revolutionize healthcare could generate $300 billion to $450 billion in annual cost savings.